Does not work. I get an error message "Redirection limit for this URL
exceeded. ...".

By the way: the reason I have to do is is the certificate which was
created for "servername.mydomain". So everybody who just types
"servername" has to accept the certificate. I want to avoid this.

Pedro

In (virtual)host for https://servername

RedirectMatch / https://servername.mydomain/$1