I have a httpd.conf file that runs on multiple machines -- where a
different collection of modules are compiled in.  So, I use <IfModule>
to test if the module is loaded, and load if if needed.

But, now I have one machine running 2.0.54 and another 2.2 so on one
machine I need mod_access and the other mod_authz_host.  Can I write
httpd.conf to know which module to load so it will work on both
versions?

Both machines are Debian, with Stable showing:

$ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_so.c

And on Sid:

$ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Frankly, that seems a bit sparse for me.  Hard to imagine never
needing "Allow".

--
Bill Moseley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]