Dear list,

I've just migrated an I386-Linux-Debian Sarge to Edge. Since Edge
includes Apache 2.2, this means I also had to move from Apache 2.0.x
to Apache 2.2

Although I know that Joshua is going to scold me ;), I've set up 3
SSL-VHosts on one Debian-Server, all having the same IP. This is a
development-only-server, and since our management is too stingy to buy
two more servers or network-cards, I had to do it that way.

When running Apache 2.0.58, everything runs smooth, except that the
browser bothers about the SSL-cert, but that's something I can live
with.

Now I've installed Apache 2.2 (Debian default), copied my VHosts to
the proper directory (sites-available), did a a2ensite to create the
symlinks, however, the sites don't show up.
Instead, the default Debian-Apache-Site is shown (that one, when you
have not defined any site at all. I assume it's a generated page).

Now I'm wondering if something regarding the handling of VHosts
changed between Apache 2.0 and 2.2?

What I found is, that in the file apache2.conf one line changed:

In 2.0., it's

Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/[^.#]*

In 2.2, it's

Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

What does the "#" in the first Include stand for?

And should the 2nd one not rather be

Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/* ?

Is there any log that shows me what configs Apache is including during
startup and how do I turn it on?

Any hints appreciated

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2