On 12/18/06, Larry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, I did, but the concept of separate included config files appears
to be new in 2.2.  In 1.3 and 2.0, virtual hosts were declared in one
config file, while in 2.2 it appears to be in several.  Knowing that
position in the file is important with some parameters, I asked the
question.  Furthermore, you reference DirectoryIndex which I had
simply overlooked, but my question was in regards to the Options
directive.

Actually, there has been no real change in how config files work.
Since 1.3 it has always been up to you if you want to put everything
in one config or split it up using the Include directive.
Unfortunately, many distributors seem to be going towards dozens of
tiny little config files, which seems overly-complicated to me.

Joshua.