I am attempting to use authentication over LDAP (actually Active
Directory), but it's not working and I'm going crazy!  Here's my
configuration file:

<Directory />
  SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None

  AuthType Basic
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
  AuthName "auth me!"
  AuthLDAPBindDN "bind_username"
  AuthLDAPBindPassword bind_password
  AuthLDAPURL ldap://host:389/dn?sAMAccountName

  Require valid-user
</Directory>

I'm getting two types of errors, depending on which username and
password I provide:

auth_ldap_authenticate: user xxx authentication failed ...
[ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials failed][Invalid
credentials]

Or

auth_ldap_authenticate: user yyy authentication failed ... [User not
found][No such object]

My first reaction was that this is a problem binding to the AD server,
but when I use ldapsearch with the bind_username and bind_password using
simple authentication, my queries work as expected.

Note that I am trying to serve this page over SSL in a VirtualHost; I
haven't tried basic HTTP.  If this is a problem, I can try again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan Nawrocki