your server is giving around 10 KB/s if i use a single socket and around 20 KB/s if i use two sockets. more likely youre not getting the 768 that was promised. the 768 depends on how close you are to verizon's dslam. more a network hardware issue than an issue with your computer.

Ralph Brickley wrote:

Hello,

I have been using Apache for about 2.5 years now and have recently installed the latest downloadable version. I am also running PHP 5 and MySQL Server 5. Everything works fine, but I have ALWAYS had exceptionally slow speeds on the server.

I run Verizon DSL 3300/768, and have an upload speed of about 80K per second. When I load pages on my server from any remote site, the images load slowly. See an example of my server here:

http://71.117.144.132/

The computer my server is on is exceptional. Core 2 Duo 2.4, 2GIG ram, 250GIG SATA drive, etc. Does anyone have some fine-tuning suggestions to speed things up?

Thanks!

Ralph Brickley