On 12/20/06, Daniel Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you guys, but:

The http://localhost works fine when my server is running.
WinXP. And I don't know if I am behind a NAT router.But, it's possible that

Try disabling the windows firewall on the specific interface, if that
works make sure to open tcp80 and restore the firewall back into
filter mode (security!).

Thanks again.

HTH

http://, because that should not be a legitimate URL in a web browser.

> Any IP is valid, no matter if it is used statically or dynamically.
>

> Unless you have access control filters on your web server (you can test by
trying http://localhost on your server), you may be running into firewall
issues on your host running the web server and/or with your network
provider/ISP not allowing public web servers on their network.

> Also, the time honored test is to telnet to port 80 on a remote computer
to test network connectivity and that the server is up and listening.

(by www.whatismyip.com) and I was trying to access my server, like this:
> http:\\201.18.148.4:80, from another computer on the internet. And it
doesn't work. Later, I tried the tomcat, like this:
http:\\201.18.148.4:8080, and nothing happens as well.

> Am I doing anything wrong? How can I make my server visible to the world?
Do I need a real IP (buy one), or my dynamic IP can do it just fine?

--
Cheers,
Maxim Veksler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?