On Thu, December 21, 2006 10:46 am, Bing Du wrote:
> Apache/2.0.52
> PHP Version 4.3.9
>
> I changed safe_mode and safe_mode_exec_dir in my php.ini.  To make the
> changes take effect, should I reload or restart httpd?

Yes.

php.ini is read at startup when PHP is loaded as a Module.

For CGI, php.ini is read on each page hit, as well as all of PHP
getting loaded in.

I presume php.ini is read only once at the startup of FCGI, but am not
100% sure on that one.

You also want to check <?php phpinfo();?> to be certain your changes
have taken effect.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?