Hi,
  What/how should I configure so that a complied file
(.exe from c/c++/pas) does the cgi job. I need it
working in the user's dir .../cgi or perhaps a
specialized dir .../exe. I have to implement this in
both linux+winXP apache 2.2.

I tried things like:
  Options ExecCGI
  AddHandler application/octet-stream .exe
but in the best situations the browser asks for
download, but it does't cgi-run it.

is it perhaps a matter of <a href...> html section or
elsewhere?

Thanks in advance
Arturo