I would like to ask for help with the following simple problem - running together mod_rewrite and mod_deflate

with the .htaccess configuration like this (on Apache 2.2.0):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /tmp2
RewriteRule ^index.html$ index.php
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

I get the request on index.php with compressed content-encoding,
but request on index.html is not compressed at all.
I was playing with order of directives, mod rewrite directives [PT,...] and with order of modules declaration in the apache config, but with no success and no idea how to fix this.

If  I switch the mod_deflate debugging on by
 DeflateFilterNote Input input_info
 DeflateFilterNote Output output_info
 DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio_info
 LogFormat '"%r" %{output_info}n/%{input_info}n (%{ratio_info}n%%)' deflate
 CustomLog /tmp/deflate.log deflate

than I recieve following messages:

"GET /tmp2/index.php HTTP/1.1" 1434/2917 (49%)
"GET /tmp2/index.html HTTP/1.1" -/- (-%)

???

thanks in advance for any helpful idea

D.S.