http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/rewrite/rewrite_guide.html

snip<<<<<
Time-Dependent Rewriting Description:

When tricks like time-dependent content should happen a lot of webmasters
still use CGI scripts which do for instance redirects to specialized pages.
How can it be done via
mod_rewrite<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html>
?
Solution:

There are a lot of variables named TIME_xxx for rewrite conditions. In
conjunction with the special lexicographic comparison patterns <STRING,
STRING and =STRING we can do time-dependent redirects:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond   %{TIME_HOUR}%{TIME_MIN} >0700
RewriteCond   %{TIME_HOUR}%{TIME_MIN} <1900
RewriteRule   ^foo\.html$             foo.day.html
RewriteRule   ^foo\.html$             foo.night.html

This provides the content of foo.day.html under the URL foo.html from
07:00-19:00 and at the remaining time the contents of foo.night.html. Just a
nice feature for a homepage...

<<<<<<<