> Usually not in server context, mod_rewrite acts before the mapping to
> filesystem occurs. You said that the rewrite log is completely empty,
> when you request /testtinfo/fea? That would mean the rules are not
seen
> at all, e.g. a <virtualhost> matched and the rules are defined in the
> main server config section.

You are right. I put the RewriteCond into the <VirtualHost
_default_:443> section and now I get some entries in the rewrite.log
file. But it still does not work! I commented the RewriteCond and
RewriteRule lines out and still had some entries in the rewrite.log!!! I
am using mailman and all the (python) scripts are in "/testtinfo" (the
ScriptAlias line from a previous posting). Is it possible that this
python scripts make some internal rewrites which overwrite mine?

Pedro