From: Sander Temme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Verisign signatures with Apache server

Nancy,

On Jan 9, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Booterbaugh, Nancy wrote:

> Error_Log has the following warning message :   Session Cache is
> not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
> ssl-error_log has the following error message :    [error] Unable
> to configure verify locations for client authentication

Hm... without the SSL session cache, clients will not be able to re- use
their SSL sessions.  This can have a serious performance impact on your
server.

Please put in the main server configuration the following directive:

SSLSessionCache shm:/usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_scache(512000)
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300

See the following documentation URL for an explanation:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslsessioncache

> I use following command to start the Apache server instead of
> "apachectl":
> ./httpd -k start -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd-cob-certs.conf

That is the command apachectl executes, so you're fine there.

> Here is the Virtual host configuration we have in the "httpd-cob-
> certs.conf" file. The only difference between this and the one we were
> using for self-signed is the directory location in the SSL parameters.

Looks like a fine configuration to me, but do add the session cache
stuff.

S.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.temme.net/sander/