Hi,

  Error: "Premature end of script headers:"

  Did you put the below line on top of your cgi file for html header?

  Can Le

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:This  is weird.  New server.
cgi's don't execute outside the  normal cgi-bin directory.  The problem was
showing up as problems  with a nagios install.  The nagios front page works,
but the  status pages, which are all cgi's, don't work.

I increased logging to debug in apache and I get:

[Tue Jan 09 14:53:21 2007] [error] [client 10.3.41.164] (13)Permission denied:
exec of '/usr/lib/nagios/cgi/tac.cgi' f
ailed, referer: http://some.server.com/nagios/side.html
[Tue Jan 09 14:53:21 2007] [error] [client 10.3.41.164] Premature end of script
headers:   tac.cgi, referer: http://some.server.com/nagios/side.html

I  tried some nagios config things, but then I took a simple hello world  CGI,
verified that it worked in the standard cgi-bin directory, and  copied it into
the script alias directory for nagios and it doesn't  work.

Tried script alias directories in a few different partitions just to be sure.
None of them worked.

Compiled  a different version of apache, non-rpm, and installed in another
directory, and that works,.but don't want to go that route.

Any ideas?

Some details below:

apache on rhel:
httpd-2.0.52-25.ent
Linux some.server.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Nagios install wasn't working.  conf.d/nagios.conf is:

##########

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi/"
<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi/">
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

##########

Relevant cgi entry from the httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

#
# "/var/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None