On 1/22/07, Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/17/07, Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When trying to authenticate clients via a remote LDAP directory (using
> mod_authz_ldap), we fail and the following is logged:
>
> [Wed Jan 17 14:57:14 2007] [warn] [client a.b.c.d] [32492] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user xxxxxxxx authentication failed; URI /ldap/
> [LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Can't contact LDAP server]
>
> The authentication attempt succeeds when standard LDAP is attempted,
> but for security we require LDAPS. There are no connectivity issues
> between Apache and the remote LDAPS service as we can successfully
> test our operations using 'openssl s_client' and ldapsearch(1) without
> issue.
On this note, what would it take to get some more debugging enabled in
mod_ldap around the certificate validation procedures?

Nevermind - I realized that I had been enabling debug under the wrong
LogLevel directive - I see now that the ldap-related debugging is
quite informative.

Sorry for the noise...

DS