From: Vince Bravdica [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
     Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:42:35 -0700
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Issues installing PHP

I have included the event log for you after following the instructions:1:22:07
at 17:31:01The Apache service named  reported the following error:>>>
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 115 of C:/Program Files/Apache
SoftwareFoundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program
Files/ApacheSoftware Foundation/Apache2.2/php5apache2_2.dll into server: The
specifiedmodule could not be found.     .For more information, see Help and
Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.1:22:07 at
17:22:06The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:>>>
Syntax error on line 242 of c:/program
files/apachegroup/apache/conf/httpd.conf: <<< before the error.log file could
be opened. More information may be available in the error.log file.   .For more
information, see Help and Support Center
athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.1:22:07 at 5:33:18The Apache
service named  reported the following error:>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line
115 of C:/Program
Files/Apache SoftwareFoundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
C:/Program Files/ApacheSoftware Foundation/Apache2.2/php5apache2_2.dll into
server: The specifiedmodule could not be found.     .For more information, see
Help and Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.Vince
BravdicaPresidentVirtual Web Resourceswww.vwebr.net-----Original
Message-----From: Sander Temme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, January
22, 2007 8:30 AMTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Issues installing
PHPOn Jan 22, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Nick Kew wrote:> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:24:19
-0500 (EST) "Bashiro"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:>>>> LoadModule php5_module
"P/php/php5apache2.dll">>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php>> Please
don't propagate that myth.  It's an ugly hack that may have > been required in
the very early days, but got fixed in 1996.  Except > for zombies that refuse
to update.If we really want that zombie to go away, we'll need to do
some moreevangelizing.  All of Ubuntu 6.06, Centos38 and Apple's Mac OS X have
the AddType hack in the configuration of their packaged PHP.   Incidentally,
our ownperl-framework test suite also uses AddType in t/conf/extra.conf.in.I
think we owe it to Bashiro and Vince to divulge what the right
incantationis:AddHandler php5-script php...if I am not mistaken.Finally, Vince,
for us to get an idea of what your problem is, you need totell us what goes
wrong on your server.  Look in Apache's error.log and, ifthat file is not
generated, in the Event Viewer on your Windows system andtell us what they say
regarding your latest attempt to start the server.Thank you,S.-- [EMAIL
PROTECTED]            http://www.temme.net/sander/PGP FP: 51B4 8727 466A 0BC3
69F4  B7B8 B2BE BC40 1529 24AF-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for
private users.It has removed 16517 spam emails to date.Paying users do not have
this message in their emails.Get the free SPAMfighter here:
http://www.spamfighter.comAttachment: Event Log.txt
 official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.See
<URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.To unsubscribe,
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED] additional
commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.