Hi,

I've got a cluster of 3 machines running Apache 2.0.52 (hello, stuck-on-RHEL4!) as a front-end to 2 Weblogic apps. One app (A) runs fine all the time; one app (B) will hold open weblogic connections to an outside vendor when said vendor explodes. When B blocks, it starts sucking up spare worker threads on apache (since it's proxying to weblogic) until there aren't any left, and both A and B become unreachable from the web for even calls to server-status.

A and B have separate names and are IP-differentiated (not name-based) VirtualHosts. Is there a way to make one Apache daemon handle separate thread pools for the separate virtualhosts and their proxies? I'd rather not set up separate daemons, since the people who would administer it could easily get confused over the maintenance upgrades down the line, but I'm coming up blank.

Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks!