On 2/2/07, Krist van Besien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

RewriteRule processing doesn't stop when a rule matches, unless you
tell it to. So you first rewrite *.html to *.php and then tell your
server to forbid access to *.php, and you get exactly that.

First a question: Why do you want to do this? This will cause all
kinds of trouble, like when a piece of php generates self referencing
urls, that will naturlally end in .php. Forms for example work like
this.

Hi Krist,

It is requested by my client as he doesn't want client to guess the
scripting engine that being used. And how do I forbid the php extension
access while stil can map html to php extension ?

What you can do however is:
- Play with the order of the rules.
- Add the [L] flag to stop processing.

Hm... can you please give me an example ? I'm quite frustrated with this :)

Many Thanks...

Regards,

Feris