Hi p

It says here that the TRACE method cannot be limited.

-Ofer

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/core.html#limit
<Limit> directive
Syntax: <Limit method [method] ... > ... </Limit>
Context: any
Access controls are normally effective for all access methods, and this
is the usual desired behavior. In the general case, access control
directives should not be placed within a <limit> section.

The purpose of the <Limit> directive is to restrict the effect of the
access controls to the nominated HTTP methods. For all other methods,
the access restrictions that are enclosed in the <Limit> bracket will
have no effect. The following example applies the access control only to
the methods POST, PUT, and DELETE, leaving all other methods
unprotected:

<Limit POST PUT DELETE>
Require valid-user
</Limit>
The method names listed can be one or more of: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE,
CONNECT, OPTIONS, PATCH, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, COPY, MOVE, LOCK,
and UNLOCK. The method name is case-sensitive. If GET is used it will
also restrict HEAD requests. The TRACE method cannot be limited.

Warning: A <LimitExcept> section should always be used in preference to
a <Limit> section when restricting access, since a <LimitExcept> section
provides protection against arbitrary methods.