At 01:19 AM 16/02/2007, you wrote:
>Ryan McConigley wrote:
>>        RewriteEngine on
>>        Rewriterule     ^/faq/(.*)
>> http://web.csse.uwa.edu.au/school_and_systems_information/faq
>> [L,R=permanent]
>
>It seems to me that you're using the rules in per-server context (leading
>slash), is that correct?
>
>>        So it seems to me some part of Apache is checking to see if the path
>> exists before applying the rule,
>
>Only in directory context, but that might change the behavior only under
>certain circumstances (hint: r->filename, path-info; enabled MultiViews).
>
>>        Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>What can you find in your rewrite log (use RewriteLoglevel 5)?

        Oooh, didn't know about the rewritelog function, pays me for not paying
more attention to the logs.  Fixed it up now by expanding the regex to cover a
wider range of matches.  I'm just not sure why it use to work find under the
old version, but not the new one.  Puzzling, but I'm use to such things on
computers.

        Thanks,
                Ryan.

--
          Ryan McConigley - Systems Administrator                  _.-,
     Computer Science   University of Western Australia        .--'  '-._