On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, pranjal deka wrote:

> hi Owen
>  thanks once again.
>   Now i am a problem while compling mod_jk file in suselinux
>  for apache and jboss connection.
>  I followed the standard procedures but it can't complie
>  it is done as------
>      . command : ./buildconf.sh
>      error : line 11 aclocal : command not found
>                 line 13 autoheader : command not found
>                     line 15  automake :  command not found
>                line 17  autoconf : command not found
>     command :  make
>       error :  No Targets specified and no makefile found    stop
>      command :  cp
> /usr/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.so
>  /usr/lib/apache2
>       error : cp cannot stat
> /usr/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.so
>    Please tell me what is the problem here.it is becoming a great issue.
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Regards,
>  Pranjal deka
>

> > Anyway, the problem is an inconsistent compilation - the
> > module was not
> > compiled with the same environment as httpd. Best advice would be to
> > recompile apache with the module.
> >
> > Rgds,
> > Owen Boyle

Try just using the configure script and apxs as is.

On my Solaris system I use:

cd <src dir>/jk/native

export CC=gcc

./configure  --with-apxs=/opt/apache_2.2.4/bin/apxs \
             --with-java-home=/usr/j2se

gmake (Note: Use GNU make here)

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services