Folks,

I am back at it and it simply is NOT working.  No matter what I do, I
cannot get to the default web site. In years past (like five years
ago) I had been successful in doing thing, but that was back when
there was only one httpd.conf file.  This SuSE setup has a ton of
files.  Is there some way I can make apache tell me what it sees as
the configuration?

Sam

On 2/21/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/21/07, Boyle Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Having read the rest of the thread, I'd offer a few comments:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll add one more thing to what Owen said:

<VirtualHost _default_:80> is NOT used with name-based virtual hosts.
This "_default_" catches only the IP addresses that are not otherwise
assigned to virtual hosts.  So it is ignored when using name-based
virtual hosting.  See the name-based virtual host docs.

Joshua.