Hello fellow members,
I have an apache 2.2.3 installed (manually) on RH-EL4 which is production
environment. I would like to start using mod_deflate.so (LoadModule) but
apache provides the following error: Cannot load
/full_path/modules/mod_deflate.so into server:
/full_path/modules/mod_deflate.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

To troubleshoot this, I copied an older mod_deflate.so into the modules
directory, this resulted in apache complaining the DSO might not have been
built correctly >> verifying the location of the current DSO is correct.
I've searched on the internet for similar issues but all resolutions seemed
to be limited to apache looking in the wrong location/modules directory -
this is not the case here. Would appreciate your help with the following
issue.
Cheers,
Sam