On Feb 27, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Brian McCann wrote:

running on my system. I installed to /usr/local/apache2.

when I run check the version httpd -version it is still 2.2.3

which httpd

tells you where your httpd binary is. Bet you're not running the one in /usr/local/apache2/bin... what if you put that directory ath the front of your PATH?

There probably is a script in /etc/init.d that starts and stops your httpd when the server boots and shuts down. You could replace that script by one that calls your installation, or add a script of your own. Remember that you have to call the full path of your own installed binary: what's on your PATH is likely the RPM install.

S.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.temme.net/sander/
Open Source Software Consultant

ApacheCon 2007 Europe Early Bird Rate extended through March 1!
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/