matt farey wrote:
Vince Bravdica wrote:
Randall Fox wrote:
Hello, I am wondering if any of you use Apache on Windows, and if so
what your experience has been like so far.

Thanks, RL. Fox.

*_Internet E-mail Disclaimer_ *
for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this E-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by E-mail if you have received this E-mail by
mistake and delete this E-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. The recipient should check this
E-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender
and Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of E-mail transmission. Views of this E-mail and of
Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. employees do not necessarily reflect the
views of Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.

Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. - 1825 Swift Ave. - N. Kansas City, MO -
USA - _www.helzberg.com_

The only issue I experience is that I cannot get MySQL to run on it.
PHP works great, and it makes fro a fantastic developmental piece of
hardware. Just wish I could get MySql to run with Apache/PHP.

I should say then that MySql does indeed run on windows xp and it's been
doing so here for 5 years without a hitch, it has millions of postcodes
and hundreds of databases inside, and Ive been upgrading for years
without any trouble.
Bascially XP (PRO) is a fine and stable way to run a simple WAMP setup,
there are no issues worth mentioning, but of course if you want extra
tweakability hardness and reliability go for linux!

I must have some sort of installation issues that I cannot get answers to at PHP or MySQL lists, because I only get the same thing there as you say here..."it works fine here". Oh well, I have no issues with the linux boxes, just the XP Pro one.

--
Vince Bravdica
President