Tom Donovan wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>> No, Win32DisableAcceptEx makes apache fall back to some less-advanced
>> networking routines. This can solve all sorts of problems,
>> particularly with buggy network drivers, software firewalls, virus
>> checkers and similar.
>

> True - but I thought the only accept() vs. AcceptEx() *change* in Apache
> 2.2.4 was bug 41321.

That is correct, it's a flaw in Windows triggered by a change in apr, where
Windows 2000 (and only 2000) will refuse to honor traditional methods of
determining the remote client IP address/host once a connection is accepted
using the Win32 AcceptEx() API call.

The flaw in apr of presuming we don't have that host identification already
is resolved for the next release of apr and httpd (2.2.5).

> Are there additional reasons Win32DisableAcceptEx would be needed with
> 2.2.4, but not needed with 2.2.3 in the same environment?

Not that I know of.