Hi, newbie here, probably facing a common/simple problem but I haven't
been able to find a solution. :(

I'm trying to set up two named virtual hosts to resolve to different
document roots.

I would like:
http://www.domain1.com --> /var/www/domain1/index.html
http://www.domain2.com --> /var/www/domain2/index.html

However sometimes domain2.com resolves to domaiN1/index.html, and vice versa.

The behavior seems a bit unpredictable.  Sometimes it works correctly,
other times it doesn't.  Refreshing the index.html files with "# touch
index.html" seems to affect which file gets served, whereas server
restart doesn't appear to.  I'm pretty confused!

==== HOSTS FILE ====

127.0.0.1       www.domain1.com
127.0.0.1       www.domain2.com

==== APACHE CONF ====

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName www.domain1.com
 DocumentRoot /var/www/domain1/
 ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/domain1-error_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName www.domain2.com
 DocumentRoot /var/www/domain2/
 ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/domain2-error_log
</VirtualHost>