From: Dragon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:56 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Meta tags: keywords and description

Curtis Vaughan wrote:
>It is my understanding that the metatag "Keywords" is not really used
by
>search engine crawlers any more, and that description is the better to
>use. Could someone confirm that?
>
>Also, I wondering about the syntax for these. For example, I am looking
at
>the description for a law firm. It has:
>
>"General business law, commercial transactions, real estate, contracts,
>new entity formation.  Wills, trusts & estate planning.  Immigration:
>Employer Petitions, Business Immigration, Family Petitions, Permanent
>Residency & Naturalizations."
>
>In the first place I thought periods were not really used. Also, it was
my
>understand that you should keep it simple. This description seems
rather
>complicated. Not to mention misspellings.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't believe that this is the
appropriate forum for this as your questions have nothing to do with
the Apache web server. I suggest finding ones dealing with web design
and search engines to ask such questions. Ironically, searching the
web is likely to turn up far more useable info for you than you are
likely to get here.

I would also suggest starting at http://www.w3c.org/ for any
questions regarding page markup syntax. None of which is directly
related to the Apache web server.

Dragon