On 4/17/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/17/07, detlev von davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> sharath reddy wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How can i map URL to a file system on remote box?
> >
> > .. if my apache is running as  www.example.com
> > <http://www.example.com/test> , then if i want to serve content for
> > www.example.com/test <http://www.example.com/test> from different box
> > other than local server
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> presuming by "different box" you mean another webserver, mod_rewrite
> comes to mind, and as it is, this link here (not all to deeply hidden in
> the doc pages ;-) sports sort of a howto:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html

is it possible to use mod_rewrite ,if the other box is not a web server ?

I think he's actually looking for a reverse proxy. An introduction to
the topic is here
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

Joshua.

I went through reverse proxy documentation, can i use this reverse proxy
solution, if i want to map URLs to remote file system which is not a
webserver

Thanks,
Sharath