On 4/24/07, Stefan Wachter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a filesystem with its filenames encoded using ISO-8859-1. The
files are to be accessed by an Httpd 2.0.

As far as I understood Httpd accepts UTF-8 encoded URLs and can use
these URLs to access files (e.g. by an Alias directive). Is it possible
to translate the UTF-8 encoded URL such that a ISO-8859-1 encoded
filename is accessed?

I don't think you can count on the input character set, but if you
know how your links are created and possibly what clients are in use,
you can use an external RewriteMap program to try to convert as
appropriate

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]