On 4/29/07, Gerard Seibert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. If not,
perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

FreeBSD-6.2
Apache-2.2.4_2
Perl v5.8.8

The following Perl script is suppose to place a new image in a web page
on a daily basis. For some reason, the image is not displayed. Only the
famous red [X] is present. When I run the script from the command line,
it does display the correct file name.

I have a very basic configuration file. Should I be making some other
changes to it, or do I need to load a module to get this to work
correctly.

This is the Perl script (commented):

This could be caused by any number of problems involving differences
between the environment that your web server is running under versus
your command line environment. For example, $path may not point where
you think it points.

I'm not a perl expert, but I'd start by putting some error checking in
your source code. For example, you should print an error to stderr if
no files are found (because the path is incorrect perhaps).

Joshua.