The "Virtual Host" directive is the only one that takes
"ServerAlias".  This actually works in the main configuration file
or a Virtual Host directive.

The Apache documentation implies what I tried to be okay, but
specific website examples from other people and searching this
mailing list only showed it being used with "Virtual"

Thanks again.