On 5/6/07, Dave Henderson  wrote:

>     The site2 is working fine and redirecting correctly.  It is site1 that
> contains the userdata that I would like to "redirect".

Just flip site2 and site1 in my description.

> I did try to use the
> redirect statement on the site1 server, but that didn't work.  It gave me
> the following error:
>
> The page isn't redirecting properly
>
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete.
>

> I am thinking there is an endless loop thats happening since the redirect is
> redirecting requests for the login.html to go to the same computer acessing
> the same document.  Everytime it requests that document, it redirects it.  I
> tried using a ServerAlias directive, but that didn't work either.  Wouldn't
> that have accomplished the same goal as creating an entirely new
> virtual-vhost in this situation?

As I said, you need to setup a  for login on the same
machine as site1. Then you put the Redirect only in the
for site1. That way, when you get redirected to login, you won't hit
the redirect again causing a loop. (The same thing can be done with
mod_rewrite, but using s is simpler.

Joshua.