On Wed, 09 May 2007 09:09:43 +1000
Quey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw a post a week ago on someone having trouble with getting MySQL
> working with dbd in Virtualhosts with apache 2.2.4,  look like you
> and I have same problem, did you get it resolved? Can anyone help?
> Apache tells me no authn configured but we do have it configured, we
> are needing this for users webmail.
>
> in my httpd.conf I have this (maybe it is wrong?)
>
> DBDriver mysql
> DBDParams "host=10.7.7.19 dbname=sqlmail user=sqmadm pass=XXXXXXXXX"
> DBDPersist off

You wouldn't want to use DBDPersist off operationally unless it's
a very low-traffic server.

> <Directory /var/www/hosts/webmail>
>  AuthName "WebMail"
>  AuthType Basic
>  AuthBasicProvider dbd
>  AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT upass FROM user WHERE ename = %s"
>  Require valid-user
> </Directory>

Is this in a <VirtualHost> or at top-level?
What is your "Satisfy" set to?
Is there anything in the error log?
Do you have any other configuration that may apply
(any <Location> at all may do unexpected things with a <Directory>).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/