Raju Chandran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone help me for the following queries
>
> 1) is there a binary available for Apache 2.2 HTTP server for Unix or
> Unix-like system. I am trying to use it directly for my MacOS directly
> without requiring to build

They wouldn't help you.  Binaries are specific to the platform, the OS,
it's version and the cpu.  You wouldn't want a Unix, Linux or otherwise
non-bsd flavor.

It will quite probably be part of Leopard if I'm remembering right -
something to be excited about!

> 2) I am able to successfully build Apache 2.2 for my Mac OS from source.
> Its mentioned that we require a C compiler for this. Is it possible we
> can 'configure' without a ANSI-C compiler installed on my Mac OS

Configuring is nothing but tweaking your finished config files, you can
do that in vi, or using your own sed or awk scripts, or write a config
program in carbon.  All you are changing is the .conf files to your liking.