On 5/11/07, Arnab Ganguly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
What my observation is, intialy the memory consumption is increased but
after sometime it remains same.Also the memory consumption by the active
daemon doesn't comes down even there is no processing of request.All the
above things happen only when I keep the MaxRequestperchild to 0.

As I said, that is all perfectly normal. In general it is not possible
to return memory to the OS once it has been allocated, so apache
should eventually plateau at the maximum memory needed to serve
requests. Of course, any of this memory that is not actively needed
will go to swap on a modern OS.

My next question is I hve kept the ServerLimit and StartServers as 1 but
once the Apache runs for say around 20hrs with good traffic, it still
launches one more  daemon process...Why this behavior is happening I am not
sure.
The modules that I have loaded are the cgi module, server-status module and
mod_authz_host module.Does this have any impact one the above behaviors?

It is normal to have at least one parent process, one child process,
and one CGI daemon process on a threaded server.

Joshua.