Based on my research, suexec only works for SSI and CGI, so it would be pointless for providing security with php, and doing mass- hosting, php is something in pretty common use. And I am sorry, I mis-spoke, the mpm was mpm_perchild for apache 2.0, which apparently is abandoned and broken. (see http://httpd.apache.org/ docs/2.0/mod/perchild.html ) I lack the programing skills that would be needed to repair it unfortunately.

You can use PHP as a CGI + FastCGI + Suexec to accomplish this. Obviously its not as efficient as using mod_php however it will allow to even create per use instances of custom php verisons, php modules and configs.