Hey Glen,

On May 12, 2007, at 9:39 PM, Glen Vickers wrote:

Someone please tell me what I’m missing.  I need to get paid! lol

That's great, can we have some too? lol

Heres my resolv.conf

search buddistpalm.net

search sillumutah.com

search sillumutah.net

nameserver 192.168.1.10

nameserver 198.60.22.2 (ISP name server)

Are these two in agreement over the zone data? Do you have your own definitions for those domains in your own DNS, or does it just query the root servers for that like (I assume) your ISP's DNS would?

From here:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] sctemme $ dig a buddistpalm.net.
<..>
;; ANSWER SECTION:
buddistpalm.net.        3582    IN      CNAME   shaolin.buddistpalm.net.
shaolin.buddistpalm.net. 3582   IN      A       199.104.125.190
<..>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] sctemme $ dig a sillumutah.com
<..>
;; ANSWER SECTION:
sillumutah.com.         3600    IN      CNAME   shaolin.sillumutah.com.
shaolin.sillumutah.com. 3600    IN      A       199.104.125.190
<..>

sillumutah.net does not resolve.

 Here’s my hosts file

192.168.1.10 shaolin buddistpalm.net sillumutah.com sillumutah.net localhost.localdomain localhost

What has precedence on your client machine?

Seems to work OK from here, if Sil Lum Utah is indeed a club of serious looking dudes in pajamas sporting hardware, and the other one has Tigger holding up an Under Construction sign.

Your Apache config looks good, although you didn't have to post the whole thing. The two VirtualHost declarations mean that all requests with a corresponding Host: header end up at the respective vhost, and requests that don't have a (matching) Host: header tend to land at the top one.

How the client got to your server is really between it and the DNS, or it and /etc/hosts if that has precedence. Apache has nothing to do with that, it just responds to whatever arrives on its doorstep, according to how the incoming requests express their destination (using the Host: header).

S.

--
Sander Temme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]