Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Sander Marechal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> > Your problem is that the results of (4) are getting reinjected to
>> > mod_rewrite for processing, and will then obviously match (1) and (2).
>>
>> I figured as much, but can you tell me why it's reinjected? That's the
>> part I really don't understand.
>
> I'd have to check the code to get the details, but it probably has to
> do with the fact that .htaccess processing happens relatively late in
> the config cycle. Then if you ask mod_rewrite to go to a web-space
> URL-path (as opposed to a file-system path), it needs to restart
> processing in order to let apache do the correct mapping of the URL to
> the file-system location.

I guess it's not that, because your first suggestion (use filesystem
path) didn't work, nor did the second one (add [ns]). Renaming index.php
did work ofcourse, but it's not very elegant.

Could it have something to do with .htaccess being per-directory? So
that if you change from directory with mod_rewrite (from
/page/something/ to / )it processes the .htaccess for the new directory
(wich in this case is the same file)?

--
Sander Marechal