Hello,

I was wondering if someone would know how to automatically support the rewriting (aliasing ?) of URL on a whole site to do the following.

   Support IRI of the type :

       http://hapax.qc.ca/Recettes/No%C3%ABl.html (viz. Noël.html in UTF-8)

while at the same time support URLs encoded in Latin-1 and automatically point to the above resource :

       http://hapax.qc.ca/Recettes/No%EBl.html

   and yet better also support ASCII ones for the diacritically-impaired :

       http://hapax.qc.ca/Recettes/Noel.html

I would like this to be automatically done across all URLs and not have to list all the URLs in their three forms...

The idea here is to gracefully migrate to RFC 3987 (and having UTF-8 encoded resources names on the server) while supporting various constituencies of users, some which will use the old file names (no accents) and those using for instance Firefox in its default setting which will send the Latin-1 %-encoded URLs. Somehow, I believe this could be a common problem for Europeans moving to Utf-8 encoded URLs.

Did somebody already work on such a problem? Is there a classical solution to this problem?

   Many thanks in advance for any insights,

P. A.