On 5/23/07, Dmitriy Gorbenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, but in this case the logic of making decision (doing proxy or
redirect) imposes oneself to URL. It still is possible to agree with this.

Let's admit, the user is sent URL, in which where is a word proxy.
However that logic, which I wish to create, should in some cases do not
proxy request, but do redirect. And if we have written rule
RewriteRule ^proxy:(.*)$ $1 [P]
then the program which process request cannot change action proxy to
redirect.

Seems we have a serious language barrier here, since I find these two
paragraphs almost incomprehensible due to grammar problems. The
client/server transcripts don't help, because they don't show what
your particular problem is. What exactly about my suggested solution
does not work?

Note that my suggestion didn't require the client to specify proxy: in
the URL. It is your perl rewritemap that puts that in the URL for the
cases it wants to proxy.

Joshua.