As soon as I sent that last message everything went into the toilet and now the
application servers aren't even responding.

----- Original Message ----
From: justin wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:07:13 PM
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Re: High volume issues using mod_proxy
(balancer,http,ajp) on Apache 2.2.4 across multiple tomcat 5.5.23 clusters -
Configuration issues or bugs?

I'm in the middle of a test right (~15min into it) now with 1250 users pounding
the heck out of this thing and (knock on wood) there are no errors in the
apache logs.  Here are my settings:

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers         512
    ServerLimit          2048
    MaxClients           1250
    MinSpareServers      25
    MaxSpareServers      512
    MaxRequestsPerChild  100000
</IfModule>

It seems if these setting aren't right it really messes with the proxy.

On the tomcat side the number of busy threads continue to grow.  I still don't
understand how I can go directly against tomcat and only consume ~160 busy
threads and now its consuming ~1000 threads and is still climbing.  Any ideas?

Thanks again,