On 6/5/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/5/07, Arnab Ganguly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am replacing Apache with NES(Sun Web Server).NES is pretty old.So I
> wanted to use Apache with single process and multi threaded web server
> similar to NES.

To be honest, that doesn't sound like a very good justification. Just
because NES does it that way doesn't mean you want Apache to do it
that way.

>  Now I have used the mod_status also.The new process launched shows to be
> active while the old daemon doesn't show anything.

Interesting. Have you checked the error log to see if apache is
restarting because it received a signal? Perhaps you have a log
rotation script restarting apache?

Or perhaps the old process got stuck processing something. You could
try attaching to it with a debugger and figuring out what it is doing:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

Joshua.

If you want a single process multi threaded server perhaps you should
take a look at lighttpd, what others have said mpm_worker isn't
designed to do what you are trying to do. In the mean time I'll
continue embracing Apache :-).