From: Sander Temme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:38 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Can't view SSL-enabled pages using Firefox

On Jun 14, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Salcedo, Simon wrote:

> Yes, I understand what I am requested to do.

You also haven't volunteered your configuration, so we're kind of
shooting in the dark.  The cipher mismatch error message suggests
that you have customized that setting (SSLCipherSuite) so that no
overlap exists between the list of ciphersuites the client offers and
the list the server is prepared to accept, which means they can't
find common ground for communication.

In your Firefox browser, type about:config in the Location bar and
filter for security.ssl. By default, only the
security.ssl3.rsa_null_md5 and security.ssl.rsa_null_sha entries are
turned off (false) for obvious reasons.  Make sure that Firefox and
your server share at least one common ciphersuite.

If you take a sniff of your connections with Wireshark (Ethereal),
you can see the SSL negotiation happen in even more detail than the
Apache log.  It'll show you the list of ciphersuites offered in the
ClientHello message, and which one the server ends up picking in the
subsequent ServerHello.

S.

Sander Temme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]