On 6/13/07, Rich Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There is a URI on my website for which I get:

Invalid URI in request GET /hr/jobs HTTP/1.1

every single time the URI is accessed. The URI works as desired,
returning the document as desired, and the end-user is never aware
that anything untoward happened.

I'm curious why I'm getting this error. I see the place in the code
where it is generated, but I'm not clear why this particular URI
generates it and others do not.

For additional background, '/hr' is a php file, and '/jobs' therefore
is PATH_INFO data. However, this technique is used for virtually
every document on my website, so the technique itself is unlikely to
be at fault - at least, as far as I can tell.

Interesting. I assume that the error is being triggered for requests
from ordinary web clients?

Is your "hr" script triggering any sub-requests?

My last-ditch effort to find the cause would be to run httpd -X under
gdb and set a breakpoint at that error message. Another option would
be simply to replace r->the_request with r->uri in the error message
so that you can see what is really triggering the problem.  (That
might actually be a good patch in general; it is silly to test the
validity of one thing and then report a possibly different thing in
the error message.) My best guess is that something in your script is
causing r->uri to get rewritten to an invalid path.

Joshua.