> > > I'm just worried about what an "experimental" module might do to my
> > > webserver's stability (which has so far been rock solid).
> > >
> > > Krist
> >
> > If you have no problems, why are you looking to introduce another module
> > to add negligible benefit?
>
> I have no problems with the stability of my webserver. I do (or more
> precisely my users) do have a problem with the _performance_ though. I
> want to improve performance, but rather not decrease stability. Hence
> my question.

Assuming your content working set is small enough to fit in your
operating-system's disk caching system, you probably won't see any
performance benefit with mod_disk_cache.

If you care to divulge a little more about what the back-end of your website
does (php talking to a database or tomcat, or what?), maybe we can suggest
some things to try.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS