On 14.06.07 16:00, Nikolai Lusan wrote:
> Well actually you can e.g.:
>
> NameVirtualHost my.ip:80
> NameVirtualHost my.ip:443
>
> <VirtualHost my.ip:80>
>    SiteName site1.dns
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost my.ip:80>
>    SiteName site2.dns
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost my.ip:443>
>    SiteName site1.dns
> </VirtualHost>

This is NOT ip-based virtual hosting, this is name-based virtual hosting.

> This is quite valid with only 1 public IP. The issues with ssl is that
> you can only do one site per public IP

Actually, you can have one SSL certificate per IP/port combination.
You can run apache on more ports on one IP and more hosts (using the same
SSL certificate, e.g. wildcard) on each port.

Although neither one is generally recommended, they both _can_ work
correctly.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.