Alexis Paul Bertolini wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to setup mod_authn_dbd on win32 using Postgres.

I think I have everything in place, except for the pgsql driver (apr_dbd_pgsql.so?).

As I don't have a win32 compiler (I guess Cygwin doesn't help here) and I have no experience at compiling these projects, could anyone direct me to the necessary binaries? (If available)

I understand they are not in the Apache-win32 installer and I can't find APR binaries either.

I am using:
Apache 2.2.4 (Win32)
Windows XP Pro
Postgresql 8.2

Thanks!

Alex.

Unfortunately, the ability to dynamically load DBD drivers is disabled in the apache.org-distributed Windows binaries, as well as most other Windows binary distributions like the ones from Apache Lounge, etc.

There was a discussion about this on the APR dev list back in March.
http://marc.info/?l=apr-dev&m=117274116614953

You will need to rebuild Apache (specifically, the APR-util library) to enable loading a DBD driver, in addition to building or finding apr_dbd_pgsql.so.

re: "I don't have a win32 compiler" - It is possible to build native Apache binaries on Windows with free (as in beer...not speech) tools, now that Microsoft provides an "Express" version of Visual C++ 2005.

The 'Platform Specific Notes' in the Apache docs has general VC++ build instructions, and the 'Building with Visual C ++' forum at www.apachelounge.com can fill in some of the details that you'll need to use the MS Express version of VC++ 2005. It's not as easy as building Apache on Unix or Cygwin, but it's doable if you are inclined to build your own Windows binaries.

-tom-