On 6/18/07, Ken Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/18/07, Brett Neumeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 17:16 +0100, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> > On Mon, June 18, 2007 4:49 pm, Ken Robinson wrote:
> > > I'm trying to help my boss solve his rewrite problem. He's trying the
> > > following code in the config file, but the results are an infinite loop of
> > > rewrites:
>
> Is there any reason your boss doesn't want to just use something like:
>
> <VirtualHost *:7778>
> ServerName virtual1
> Port 80
> Redirect permanent / https://virtual1/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I mean, you don't have to use mod_rewrite to do a redirect.

He tried that suggestion and it still loops.

He also tried the code from the article at
http://rewrite.drbacchus.com/rewritewiki/SSL

He said that it still loops then too.

Then there is likely something in your SSL <VirtualHost> that is
pointing back to your non-ssl host, causing a loop. Those configs on
their own certainly don't loop.

Joshua.