Hi,I'm setting up some load balancing based on Apache with mod_proxy_balancer
and I'd like to incorporate geolocation based on IP address into the load
balancing algorithm. I know that IP's are not a reliable way of determining
location, but we purchased a package from ip2location to try and be as accurate
as possible. Even still, it's not perfect and that's OK because we are just
distributing the load of some free downloads ... if someone gets redirected to
a server that's not that close to them it won't be the end of the world.Anyway,
does anyone know of such a patch / mod / plugin / application compatible with
apache2? If not, some pointers on where to begin developing this would be
greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jon
Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New
MSN Mobile!
http://mobile.msn.com